Eleven Canadian Shorts, 75 mins
Admission is $10
The Vegan Delights Program is inspired by passion, playfulness and inclusivity. It showcases independent animation that expresses a heartfelt personal investment and reflects a creative connection with the audience.
Curated by Festival Director, Siloën Daley, this year's program contains eleven fairly new short animated films. Three of the artists will be present to take part in an extended Q&A following the screening, they are Amanda Strong, Alicia Eisen, and Evan DeRushie.
• Old Man - Alicia Eisen (Vancouver)
• Fox and The Whale - Robin Joseph
• Borscht & Fresh Bread - Sarah Gignac (Halifax)
• Emanations: A Visual Poem - Patrick Jenkins
• Tesla Lumiere Mondiale - Matthew Rankin
• Naked Island: Sober - Élise Simard
• Flood - Amanda Strong (Vancouver)
• Birdlime - Evan DeRushie (Toronto)
• I Like Girls - Diane Obomsawin
• Michi - Kaho Yoshida (Vancouver)
• Hedgehog's Home - Eva Cvijsnovic
Following the show (at the start of the party so folks do not need to purchase a ticket to this screening to attend) the Helen Hill Animation Award will be presented to an artist to create a new short animation.
Helen’s particular style of creation was unhampered by convention, and marked by a rarely found honesty and immediacy. Her clear and engaging presence can be felt in all her work. Helen is a key inspiration behind the Animation Festival of Halifax.
The Helen Hill Award was created by the Linda Joy Media Arts Society to celebrate this remarkable individual and to support artists working in animation.